Hey guys! Today I’m showing you 3 lovely recipes for Easter-themed treats! They’re ‘pinterest – inspired’ and simple to make. My mum and I made all of these today and we really enjoyed it!
Mini Nest Cupcakes
All you need for these is :
- Mini vanilla cupcakes (you can use any vanilla cupcake recipe really; I used a simple Victoria’s Sponge cake recipe but you could use a mix or your go-to vanilla cake recipe as well.)
- Vanilla buttercream icing (or any other icing)
- Dark or milk chocolate, grated/shaved/peeled
- Mini eggs
1. Spread a bit of icing in the middle of the cake.
2. Place a mini egg in the middle of the icing.
3. Sprinkle some chocolate shavings over the icing and egg…
4. And voila! Time to take tons of pictures for your instagram story and then dig in!
Chocolate Cornflake Nests
Here’s an example of a recipe you could use: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/eastereggnests_93841. That’s what we used and it worked really well – in fact, I’m eating one as I write this! 😉
Tradional Sedgemoor Easter Biscuits
We used a recipe similar to this : https://yumyumpiggysbum.wordpress.com/2010/04/02/easter-biscuits, but without the glaze. Instead, we sprinkled them with sugar and cut them into egg shapes. so cute (and delicious)!
So, what did you think of these treats? Which one was your favourite? Are you going to try baking any of them? Let me know if you do! It’s sort of a tradition for my family to make those nests and sometimes the biscuits – what about you? Do you have a tradition of making a certain food/baked good at Easter?
Thanks so much for reading! If you enjoyed, please make sure to follow me on BlogLovin’ (you just put in your email on the home page of this site) and comment too 🙂